Terre des hommes Kosovo, in cooperation with the partner Defence for Children International from the Netherlands, aims at building and strengthening the capacities of institutions and professionals for protection of children in conflict with the law who are under the minimum age of criminal responsibility (MACR), and has prepared the training manual “Case management and cross-sectoral work for protection of children in conflict with the law who are under the minimum age of criminal responsibility” and the related e-learning course, available for free on Childhub.
What are the objective of this course?
- To strengthen the cooperation between the actors involved in the case management related to the protection of children who commit criminal offenses, and who are under the minimum age of criminal responsibility.
- To support the implementation of the administrative instruction on measures for the treatment and protection of children, perpetrators of criminal offenses under the minimum age of criminal responsibility.
- To serve the drafting of the administrative instruction on the Multidisciplinary Roundtable for Assistance in Case Management.
What is the course structure?
The course is divided into three sections.
- Legal framework concerning the protection and rights of children in conflict with the law who are under the minimum age of criminal responsibility, based on the relevant international standards and national legislation.
- Cross-sectoral cooperation of partners who are involved in child protection, responsibilities of main stakeholders, including the role of parents and children, as well as case management procedure.
- Assessment of children needs, protection program and individual service plan, including the monitoring of service provision and file closure.
The course and related manual are supported by the MATRA Project – “Child Protection System Strengthening for Children in Conflict with the Law”, which is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the Netherlands. The program is aimed at supporting the strengthening of the rule of law in Ukraine, Georgia, Albania and Kosovo by improving the realization of children's rights in the child protection and justice systems, in order to ensure that children in conflict with the law are protected in the best manner possible.
- Teacher: Maria Cidonelli