Terre des Hommes (TDH): Free Online-Course on Safer Recruitment for Terre des Hommes staff members and partners
The Terre des Hommes International Federation is a network of ten national Terre des Hommes organisations working worldwide for the rights of children and to promote equitable development without racial, religious, political, cultural or gender-based discrimination.
All Terre des Hommes organisations are committed that their staff, operations, and programmes do no harm to children and adults at-risk nor expose them to abuse or exploitation.
Therefore, we have designed several courses to ensure that children and adults at risk that we work with as well as staff members are safe. In this online course, we will focus on how to incorporate safeguarding considerations into recruitment and onboarding of new staff members.
Before starting this course, it is recommended that you first complete the Terre des Hommes induction course on child safeguarding , and are aware of your own role and responsibility to keep children safe.
By the end of this online course on safer recruitment, you should be able to
- Reference TDH’s safeguarding standards in recruiting activities, including job advertisements,
- Screen candidates for potential safeguarding concerns,
- Include questions related to safeguarding in candidate interviews,
- Check a candidate’s references,
- Appraise a candidate’s police clearance certificate (or equivalent), and
- Ensure new recruits complete child safeguarding orientation and receive training on safeguarding.
This course takes about 20 min. to complete.